- Next week Metro Bank marks a decade of bringing banking back to communities
- The bank is streaming a free online concert for all the family, featuring Heather Small, the voice of M People, alongside Metro Bank colleagues
- Metro Bank opened its first store in Holborn in 2010, and is now rated number one for online, mobile and store service1
On Wednesday 29 July, Metro Bank, the UK’s community bank, turns double digits as it celebrates 10 years on Britain’s high streets. The bank opened its first store in Holborn on 29 July 2010 – the first high street bank to open in the UK in more than 100 years. The bank has since grown to serve more than two million customer accounts, with 77 stores and 3,500 colleagues across the country.
10 years of doing more for communities
Metro Bank is committed to delivering more than just banking to its local communities, and over the past decade colleagues across the bank have:
- hosted more than 11,000 networking events to help grow and support local businesses;
- educated more than 203,000 kids through Money Zone, the bank’s free financial education programme for schools and youth groups;
- raised more than £400,000 for charities nationwide;
- helped kids make 600,000 crafts – from Easter bunny ears to Halloween pumpkins – at the bank’s family events;
- volunteered 3,000 days when they’d normally be working to support local causes; and
- treated pooches to more than 35,000kg of dog treats in store.
Bringing the revolution to UK banking
Metro Bank has changed the face of retail banking, with its exceptional customer service, its expanding store network and its commitment to serving the local communities it serves.
As other banks have closed thousands of branches over the past decade, Metro Bank has bucked the trend and continues to grow its network of stores. Last month, the bank opened new stores in Cardiff and Sheffield – bringing its total to 77 across England and Wales, including five drive-thrus. Stores are open seven days a week2, early until late, and are renowned for their family and pet-friendly approach.
The bank is also recognised for its game-changing digital innovations. In July 2014, Metro Bank was the first bank to give customers the ability to temporarily freeze their card via their mobile banking app3. This year the bank has announced a series of technology partnerships designed to inject much needed competition into the small business banking market – deploying the funding it was awarded from the Capability & Innovation Fund alongside the its own investment. Customers have rated Metro Bank number one for its online, mobile and store service1.
Join Metro Bank to celebrate as Heather Small gets the party started
- The bank’s 10th birthday party concert will premiere on Metro Bank’s YouTube channel at 7.30pm on Wednesday 29 July.
- Heather Small will perform her biggest hits including, Search for the Hero, Moving On Up and Proud.
- Watch out for Metro Bank colleagues, the bank’s very own ‘M People-people’ making a special guest appearance during the concert.
Daniel Frumkin, CEO at Metro Bank, said: “We’re so thrilled to have reached this landmark birthday. We’ve been bringing banking back to communities for the past decade and delivering great service to our customers – on the phone, digitally and in store. I want to thank our customers, communities and colleagues who have joined us on the adventure. This is just the beginning, and the best is yet to come. Over the next ten years we’ll continue to champion people-people banking, with our stores at the heart of the communities they serve, and our colleagues delivering the customer service that sets us apart.”
Notes to Editors
1 Independent CMA survey carried out in Great Britain by Ipsos MORI between January 2019 and December 2019 – Services in branches & online and mobile banking services. Results at www.ipsos-mori.com
2 Store opening times have been temporarily reduced during the pandemic. For a full list of Metro Bank stores see: https://www.metrobankonline.co.uk/store-locator/