Metro Bank has today launched its new online banking service for all personal customers.
The new platform offers an easy to use, intuitive service, which will improve usability for customers. Metro Bank has introduced a number of new options to online banking, including:
- Online account opening for existing customers*
- Visibility on card transactions being processed, to help customers understand their latest balance
- Ability to rename accounts according to customer preferences (e.g. “Holiday Fund”)
- Ability to cancel a card, order a new card, or order a PIN reminder
- Comprehensive search capability to find transactions by date, category or keyword
- Broad help section to answer customer queries
As part of its commitment to offer customers the best in service and convenience, the bank has also launched a series of ‘how-to’ videos on its website. The videos give customers an easy interactive demonstration of how the new platform works, and cover all the new features of the platform.
The new online banking platform is part of Metro Bank’s ongoing investment in its infrastructure as it continues to grow. The bank, which now has 21 stores across London and the South East, is the first new high street bank in more than 100 years, and will have 24 stores by the end of 2013.
Craig Donaldson, Chief Executive Officer at Metro Bank, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to launch our new internet banking platform to our personal customers. We’ve listened extensively to feedback from our customers on what they want from their bank online, and have designed this platform with them and their needs in mind. As a bank, we want to give all our customers unparalleled levels of service and convenience, whether that’s in store, online or by telephone – and we are confident that the new platform will make our customers’ online banking experience better than ever.”
Today’s online banking launch for personal customers will be followed by a new platform for business customers in the coming months. The bank will also release a mobile app for personal customers in the coming weeks.